For several reasons which we’ll address shortly, the official March Madness Snapchat story was very, very high comedy.
That said, the series of bite-sized videos were only posted to the NCAA’s official account on Thursday, the first day of March Madness.
According to CNN, there is no financial arrangement in the deal, and that “it’s more of an experiment to see the potential use of Snapchat in future sporting events.” Snapchat’s recent detour into news is something we’ve been particularly pumped up about here at THESIXTHIRTY.com.
However, it’s tough to say that we’ve seen anything quite as entertaining as this collection of antics submitted by outrageous and likely inebriated college students across the country.
Here’s the first day of March Madness – as told by the best Snapchat story we’ve seen since…well, Snapchat.
283. This Snapchat story begins with this kid – who provides one of the finest forms of unintentional comedy I’ve seen in quite some time. Don’t forget this face, you’ll see it soon.
And Jesus, how many network’s names can you fit into one graphic? Seriously, I feel like that’s only a question that Jesus can answer.
267. This screenshot commences Notre Dame’s ever-satisfying presence in this story. Some kid named Packy apparently gives his bros a list of rules before every Notre Dame basketball game.
No beer is apparently one of the rules.
257. I didn’t even know where the hell Northeastern was before this tournament, and now we already know they have hot cheerleaders on top of overly-passionate fans (i.e. first screenshot above).
231. Overall, Northeastern just dominated this Snapchat story.
I’m not saying the scene below looks like the most fun ever, I’m just saying that what these Northeastern students were doing for the game was shocking in comparison to what the Notre Dame students are doing in the screenshot below.
228. No words.
213. Back to the guy from the first photo. He’s got his roll-dogs with him now, and it’s the fourth quarter. Let’s continue.
211. Is he crying?
209. Peace out facepaint bro, it’s been fun.
- Another party scene from Notre Dame. In other news, Notre Dame apparently bans coed social gatherings.
178. Even the old people who are likely the reason UAB no longer has a football program are happy for the basketball team.
- I’ve always wondered when was an appropriate moment to use that dragon emoji. I guess after a UAB win is the correct answer.
171. Wouldn’t it be uncomfortable to sleep on a basketball?
166. Man, I love this guy.
164 .Not sure how he got onto the court or why he’s laying on it to celebrate.
162. He’s pumped though.
- Ole Miss may have lost the game but this smoke wins the award for hotty toddy.
145. These girls from Cincinnati were equally hilarious. I don’t know where they we’re walking, but they definitely seemed turnt up.
143. I’m not joking, the girl literally says “turn up” at the end of the story. I doubt the NCAA approved of this one, but really pumped that it snuck in there.
129. They also got a shot of the March Madness Social Media Command Center in action. I was kind of blown away at how many people were there working on it. I mean, I know social media is huge – but this looked like a scene from fucking Apollo 13 or something.
67. I’m trying to include as little North Carolina footage as possible, because it just pissed me off how much Tar Heels fans were celebrating.
Like, come on North Carolina, you barely won. There’s times to be excited in the NCAA tournament, and there’s other times where you just need to sit back and realize you simply survived.
65. You’d think five National Championships would make a first round win over an Ivy League school a little less exciting. But I guess I really just underestimated the expectations of North Carolina fans.
59. WE KNOW YOU GOT THE W. MOVE ON WITH IT.
56. I have absolutely no idea what this guy said but he was absolutely hilarious.
3. I don’t get it.