How many synonyms for the word petty can you think of in a thirty second span? Trivial, insignificant, unimportant, pettifogging. Pittsburgh Pirates fans embody every single one of this after their newest rallying cry.
It’s no secret that Jake “Cy-Rietta” Arrieta has been egging on the Pirates faithful leading into his Wednesday night showdown in Pittsburgh. But he relishes that. He doesn’t care, he wants to get you flustered.
And he has officially succeeded. The hilarious part on the behalf of Pirates fans is this is the shit you came up with in response.
- Inning 1 constantly chant pitchers last name (example: “ARRIETA!”)
- Inning 2 constantly MAKE NOISE when pitcher is standing on mound, plus everyone has both arms up and to the left and when pitcher is about to release ball move both arms right.
- Inning 3 totally quiet until pitcher starts wind up then MAKE NOISE!
- Inning 4 constantly chant pitchers first name (example “JA KEY!”)
- Inning 5 totally quiet until pitcher winds up then yell “Arrrrrrr!” (like pirate)
- Inning 6 constantly chant pitchers last name (example “ARRIETA!”)
- Inning 7 totally quiet until pitcher starts his wind up then whistle or yell in a high pitched voice!
- Inning 8 constantly MAKE NOISE when pitcher is standing on mound plus everyone has both arms up and to the left and when pitcher is about to release ball move both arms right
- Inning 9 constantly MAKE NOISE when pitcher is standing on mound
And any time an opposing pitcher throws a ball, he wants fans to immediately yell, “Ball!”
What is this, high school cheerleading for dummies? Really, inning by inning chant requests?
Say “Arrrrrrrr” like a pirate? If I chant “ARR I ET A” in the 5th does that mean I can’t do it in the 2nd? I’m so confused.
This is on par with that absurd Nashville Predators “rules of hockey” and we’re not letting in Blackhawks fans to our stadium debacle during the playoffs. Just flat out stupid.
Be better, Pittsburgh. It’s not like it’ll matter anyways because Jake Arrieta has you shook with his elite trolling.
David. Bring out all the reinforcements. I need it LOUD. https://t.co/vxhbjNVqBm
— Jake Arrieta (@JArrieta34) October 5, 2015
— Jake Arrieta (@JArrieta34) October 4, 2015